What's your Will?

I've been thinking about my own mortality lately, mostly because I've had all these medical conditions.  Anyone who knows me well, knows I'm afraid of dying even though it is inevitiable that I will someday.  But I got to thinking about those people who are critically ill or have recently met with unfortune that put them near death.  Some people manage to pull through and family or friend will say, "they have a tremendous will to live."  So what is your will?  What makes a person want to live?  Let's face it, the majority of people on earth are just 'average Joes,' not necessarily contributing anything to society as a whole, but contributing nonetheless.  So, I got to thinking, what is my will?  What would make me hang around?  I've never had or wanted for a lot of friends, so it couldn't be that.  I've been married for 27 years, but would missing my husband be 'the will?'  Perhaps it's my love of family or my beloved dogs?  Actually my 'will' is not wanting to miss everything....the licks from my dogs, bad breath and butt licking and all...watching reality shows, or NASCAR races with Frank.  The smell of dill, or a freshly opened can of coffee or even the popcorny smell of my dog's dirty paws.  A good crossword puzzle...being sarcastic or saying something outrageous just to get a reaction.  People watching is great fun too.  Wine tasting is even better.  And my list goes on.  So, what is my 'will?'  Me.  What's yours?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baxter's Unusual Talent

WHITE TAILORED SHIRTS TUCKED IN

The Case of the Haunted Tunnel