Sparky

To say I like dogs more than people is an understatement.  All of the dogs I've had have always provided endless enjoyment for me.  My first dog, Sparky, a miniature Dachshund was super smart and sensitive.  He loved his squeaky ball and digging.  Squeaking the squeaky ball, though annoying, was okay, but digging was a no-no.  Occasionally, when I was tilling my vegetable garden, I would throw his squeaky ball into the dirt and let Sparky 'have at it.'  He was in his glory, emerging from the garden bed with the squeaky ball in his mouth and a snout full of dirt and practically grinning from floppy ear to floppy ear.  Of course the down side for him was, all that dirt meant a bath and he was never fond of baths.  He was fearful for a week when we brought home his little sister Tootsie, but soon warmed up to her, cuddling and grooming her with his tongue on many occasions.  And even though, she became Alpha dog and busted his chops a lot, he was always a sensitive and kind 'big brother.'  When Sparky suddenly passed away, Tootsie wandered the house and back yard aimlessly, sniffing and looking for him.  It broke my heart, and to this day, Sparky is missed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baxter's Unusual Talent

WHITE TAILORED SHIRTS TUCKED IN

The Case of the Haunted Tunnel